Marx|Okubo Associates Inc., headquartered in Denver Colorado, is seeking a Senior Accountant. Marx|Okubo is a professional organization and consultant for the built environment dedicated to serving real estate owners, corporations and lenders. On behalf of our clients, we provide services such as owner representation, project management and consulting for new, existing and renovations of commercial and residential facilities. We value technical proficiency, innovation, dedication and achievement as well as teamwork, both within our organization and in our interactions with clients. A privately held firm, Marx|Okubo is owned and managed by its employees and offers opportunities for internal growth as well as continuing education for all employees.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of accounting duties to include:
- Preparation of timely month end and year end (fiscal) financial statements to include P&L, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Monthly processing and reconciliation of automated employee expense reports with the assistance of Concur software.
- Maintaining Fixed Assets system for book and tax reporting.
- Monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Monthly general ledger entries, to include reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Current knowledge of GAAP, to include both accrual and cash based accounting and the conversion between the two methods.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly state use tax returns for multiple states.
- Preparation of personal property tax and annual filings for multiple states.
- Preparation of quarterly key performance indicators.
- Processing accounts payable checks
- Coding of monthly office rent invoices and calculating deferred rent
- Assist in preparation of annual & mid-year budgets/projections, company budgets and by office.
- Assist with the annual book audit and preparation of income tax returns.
- Available to assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable when necessary.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years prior Accounting experience. Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization. Experience with Sage MAS100, BizNet, and the expense report software Concur extremely helpful. Must have advanced Excel knowledge and experience. Independent thinking. Able to prioritize work around multiple deadlines.
Salary commensurate with experience, company provides an excellent benefits package to include; medical and dental benefits, 401K plan with match, Employee Ownership Plan, paid vacation and holidays.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the office location and position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.